Who Is Judge Jed Shaw?
Jed Shaw has a lifetime of professional, civic, and ministerial experience in serving others. In addition to being a former Texas Judge and Mayor, Jed is also an AV Preeminent Rated Attorney and President of the law firm Shaw & Associates PLLC.
Judge Shaw’s leadership experience qualifies him with unique perspective to serve a wide range of clients. Here are some of his areas of service.
- Deacon, Elder, former Trustee & Legal Counsel, Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.
- President, Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church Foundation, Houston.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Better Business Bureau of Greater Houston and South Texas.
- Former Trustee and Chair of Board, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
- Former Trustee, Texas Presbyterian Foundation.
- Retired Captain, United States Army Judge Advocates Corps.
- Former Member, American Judges Association.
- Former Chair, State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee.
- Former President, several Texas title companies.
- Founding Director & former Chair, Inner City Youth Inc, a young peoples ministry in Houston’s Third Ward.
- Former Director, Forge for Families Inc, Houston.
- Founding Director, The First Tee of Santa Fe, New Mexico
What Should You Do?
If you are reading this page and and wondering what you should do, you’re not alone. Every month hundreds of people come to this page to read about my background. This is important, because you don’t want to take advice from just anyone. But the sad thing is this. Too many visitors are unsure about their next step, and they simply close this window. I’m sure many of them think, “I’ll figure out what I’m going to do, and maybe I’ll call him soon.” While they mean well, the reality is this:
They Don’t Follow Through.
Why? There are many reasons. First, life is busy. As soon as you’re done reading this something else will capture your attention. (Maybe even before you’re done reading.) Second, indecision sets in due to overwhelm and stress. There are lots of bits and pieces of information floating around, both good and bad, and this makes for confusion for many people. What I’m trying to say is this:
You Won’t Know What To Do Until We Talk.
My commitment to you is this. I will listen to the uniqueness of your financial situation, and explain all of your legal options. Of course this will include options like Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. But I don’t stop there. I have filed over 5000 cases in my career, and I’ve also represented some of the largest lenders in the country in their litigation proceedings. This gives me a valuable and strategic vantage point when advising you on your options. Furthermore, my background as a Judge provides access to legal knowledge that many bankruptcy attorneys simply never encounter. When you put these things together, you’ll leave our short conversation knowing exactly what your options are.
This Will Empower You To Make Good Decisions.
I will never pressure you to make a decision, after all, at this stage of my career this is primarily a ministry opportunity for me to help others. Additionally, and perhaps most important to you right now is:
My Initial Legal Advice is Always Free.
There is simply nothing for you to lose by reaching out to get answers. Unfortunately, your financial situation is not going to get better on its own. For the few people that do remember to call back months after they visited this page, their situation is always far worse. They routinely say they wish they had simply taken 5 minutes to call when they were here in the first place. So please, do yourself and/or your family a favor and take action. You have nothing to lose in our private phone consultation. You will leave with confidence and peace, understanding the laws and having clear choices. I will put the ball in your court and you can talk, pray, and decide what is best for your family. I look forward to helping you.
Call Shaw Defense today so you can experience this freedom and peace of mind for yourself.